Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Welcome, new obsession

Now that I've graduated (although I'm still waiting to receive my degree, ahem), I have a bit more time to putter around and get into things that I originally couldn't do. I was pretty distracted from my schoolwork at times because, by golly, I just had to make a batch of banana muffins or a gang of cookies.

Now, I can be distracted all I want, and there's a website out there that's encouraging my baking predilection: Open Source Food. It's a website where you can upload photos and recipes of your favourite tried-and-true masterpieces and tummy-fillers, browse other recipes from other members, create menus and rate recipes. Not only is it super-functional and fun, but it meets Hao's approval for site design. And that's saying a lot.

I have three recipes up, and be on the lookout for more. I made what I've now called my "Bachelorette Pasta Bake" last night for dinner, and wouldn't let anyone touch it until I had some photos on a borrowed digicam. I can see it now:

Someone: "Can we eat it yet?"
Me: "No, not yet. I have to get a picture for the website."
*click*
Someone: "Okay, now can we eat?"
Me: "Wait, I need better lighting. Maybe I should put a scoop of ice cream next to it."

It would be funny if this scenario hadn't already played itself out. Twice.

My username is my first name: doreen. You'll see the little recipe image slideshow on this blog as well. If that doesn't tempt you, what will?

2 comments:

Yongfook said...

yongfook here! thanks for using the site :)

omg you should see what I'm like when I cook. By the time I'm finished faffing around with the lighting, cleaning up specks of oil on the plate, snapping a few photos here, snapping some there - the food is lukewarm! Everyone looks at the photos thinking "ooh" but they don't realise I'm eating cold food all the time...hehe

chasingbutterflies said...

The cookies were marvelous! We enjoyed having you in Ill. Come back anytime!