Thursday, May 3, 2007

Learn 2.0 lesson for week 3

On Grokker, I searched for "apple muffins" and came up with all sorts of results: wheat apple muffins, bran muffins, apple cinnamon, et al. Here's a recipe for Cranberry Apple Muffins that was gotten from my searching.

Grokker was helpful, yet I think I preferred the outline view in comparison to the map view. I don't know if that is indicative of my learning style (2.0) or not. I vaguely remember being labelled a "visual learner" when I was in middle school after a test the whole class took, though I don't know if this sort of thing stays solid throughout one's years.

Bloglines is a new website for me, and I like the idea behind RSS feeds, so I still need to play around with the site a bit more. I was able to organize the feeds I have into categories by following the "Edit" link above the list of blogs I'm subscribed to, then opting to make a few new folders to keep my subscriptions in line. This way, if I'm looking for new stuff in one topic in particular, I don't have to scroll through a gang of feeds to find the ones I want.

These are the RSS feeds on Bloglines I've subscribed to: Slashdot, NPR topics: Books, NPR topics: Business, Orange Slices, BBC News - Front Page - World and Allrecipes Baking. Here's a recipe for Frosted Ginger Sandwich Cookies from Allrecipes Baking. It looks simple enough; I need a cookie cutter, though.

-doreen

2 comments:

Dan said...

hey! this all looks so tasty! more food! yeah!

jelbo said...

outline view = yay!